Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Latest weather forecast: Heavy rain throughout

Since last Monday, it has been raining nonstop which resulted to 2 cancellation and 1 suspension of classes.
Among the heavy rain that was spread throughout the ten days, I believe that last night and today are the worst.

BRING BACK LAST NIGHT
Speech class ended at 3:00PM, I was wearing jeans and a t-shirt because of a short performance. Paulo and I decided not to change back to our uniforms because there is only one class left and it's raining heavily. But, I wasn't really comfortable not to be in my uniform so I changed back.
Raine asked me to accompany her for Beth's surprise celebration, since Beth is also my friend I decided to stay. (Even though I told my dad that I will come home straight after class)
At 5PM, the surprise celebration for Beth ended, Jessica and I decided to go home straight. It was really raining heavily outside the university's campus! Ugh, we decided to take a jeepney to the LRT terminal but they were all full. We decided to take a pedicab for 20 pesos.
The streets of Pedro Gil was starting to be flooded.
Luckily there was a skip train in the Quirino station, so it was really easy boarding the rain.
The problem occurred when I went down to the Monumento station! Ughhh, the streets were already flooded and it was pouring heavily. I decided to take the alternate (but long) route going home.
The streets were already flooded and I was wearing my university uniform. Oh the joys of rain!
When the jeep dropped us off, the flood was more than ankle-deep high. Ugh, I was shouting and cursing for the flood. The pedicab driver was teasing me and said, "Ate, bumabaha na!" (There's already flood!) I just replied to him, "I know right!"
When I arrived home, half of my skirt was already wet from the flood and I felt icky.
There was already an announcement of cancellation of classes for Manila, and we were already rejoicing when one of the staff said that WE HAVE TO WAIT FOR THE DECLARATION STRAIGHT FROM THE UNIVERSITY.

Oh joy! They are not following the instructions given by the Mayor of Manila! Ughh. But I decided that I won't be going to school because of the flood that was shown on TV.

FAST FORWARD TO TODAY
Most of my classmates were asking me if we have classes today, I didn't reply because (A) I was asleep till 10AM, (B) My other phone doesn't have any network coverage! Ughhhhh. I heard the news that outside from our streets, the place is severely flooded.
I pray for the Philippines, I pray that this "rain" (and not really a STORM), would pass so people won't be harmed anymore.
Manila and other parts of Luzon are really severely flooded, everything is in knee-deep flood and I wish for everyone's safety.

No comments:

Post a Comment